USF Housing Policy
All full-time undergraduate University of Saint Francis students must live in campus housing and participate in a board plan. You may only live off campus if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You are 21 years of age prior to the start of the semester in which you are enrolling.
- You live with a parent or legal guardian at their primary residence within a 50 mile radius of the USF.* Owning or purchasing real estate within the 50 mile radius of USF does not qualify.
- You are married. You must provide a copy of your marriage license for verification.
- You have dependent children living with you. You must provide a copy of the birth certificate for verification.
Students who are required to live on campus and do not follow USF guidelines, falsify information or do not comply with USF policy are not eligible for USF financial aid including academic and athletic scholarships.
USF guarantees housing for four years for entering freshmen and two to three years for transfer students.
*It is recommended that single, undergraduate students who live with their parent or legal guardian in a radius less than 50 miles from USF live in campus housing.
If a resident withdraws during a semester, the resident shall be charged for room and board and other residence-related fees based on the refund table listed below. The resident shall then be assessed $200 for cancellation.
- Prior to the first week of class, refund will be 100 percent of housing fee minus cancellation fee.
- End of the first week of class, refund will be 90 percent of housing fee minus cancellation fee.
- End of the second week of class, refund will be 75 percent of housing fee minus cancellation fee.
- End of the third week of class, refund will be 50 percent of housing fee minus cancellation fee.
- End of the fourth week of class, refund will be 25 percent of housing fee minus cancellation fee.
There will be no refund of housing fee after the fourth week of each semester. The cancellation fee will be taken from the housing deposit, unless otherwise expressed by the student.
Appeals to Live Off-Campus
Appeals to the housing policy are not accepted. Any student who is in violation of the required housing policy will have a double occupancy room and board charge placed on the student’s account and a letter of notification of this violation will be sent to the student.
Housing accommodations are NOT provided during vacations or break periods. The residence halls will be closed and unavailable for student use during all vacations except for the following circumstances, in which case the student may be reassigned to a different hall during the vacation period and will be billed for each day he/she remains on campus. Dining service is not guaranteed during a stated vacation period. If the cafeteria is open, a student may use the dining service on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- When a residential student must remain on campus because of course-related attendance. In this case, extra room fees are not charged.
- When an athlete is required to be on campus during a stated vacation period due to an athletic event. In this case, arrangements for housing will be coordinated through the athletic department.
Students must vacate rooms within 24 hours of their last examination.
The residence halls will be closed during the following dates for holiday break:
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 10am through November 27, 2016 at noon
- Winter Break: Friday, December 16, 2016 through Sunday, January 15, 2017 at noon